Mark A. Curzan, M.D.
Hip | Knee | Shoulder | Sports Medicine
Dr. Mark A. Curzan has been part of the Cary Orthopaedics family since 2001.
Prior to his arrival, he earned his sports medicine fellowship at the Steadman-Hawkins Clinic in Vail, CO. During his time in the Rocky Mountain region of the United States, Dr. Curzan learned how to take care of a broad assortment of sports injuries, including ligament and cartilage injuries in the knee and soft tissue injury about the shoulder.
Dr. Curzan attended the University of California in Los Angeles for undergrad and medical school. Then he relocated across the country in Durham where he completed his residency at Duke University Medical Center.
Over the years, Dr. Curzan has assisted in team coverage of the Denver Broncos and the Colorado Rockies. He also served as the on-site team physician at numerous professional downhill races for the U.S. Ski Team. Currently, he’s a team physician for Fuquay-Varina High School and Apex Friendship High School.
When practicing orthopedic medicine, Dr. Curzan greatly benefits from the interactions with his patients. He especially enjoys taking the time to talk to each person about their specific issues, educating them on their diagnosis and formulating a comprehensive treatment plan.
- UCLA, Los Angeles, CA (college)
- UCLA School of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA (medical school)
- Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC (internship)
- Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC (residency)
- Sports Medicine Fellowship – Steadman Hawkins Sports Medicine Clinic, Vail, CO
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Fellow, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (2005)
- Subspecialty Certificate in Orthopaedic Sports Medicine (2011)
- NCCU – Team Physician – 1996 – 1997
- Duke University – Course Instructor – 1/1998 – 4/1998
- Duke University – Head Resident Team Physician – 1998 – 1999
- U.S. Ski Team, Vail, CO – Assistant Team Physician – 2000 – 2001
- Fuquay-Varina High School – Team Physician – 2001 – Present
- Apex Friendship High School – Team Physician – 2015 – Present
- Cary Orthopaedic & Sports Medicine Specialists – Orthopaedic Surgeon – 2001 – Present