Request an Appointment
Nael Shanti, M.D.
Neck | Back | Total Spine | Stem Cell Treatment | Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery
Dr. Nael Shanti completed his undergraduate education at the University of South Florida where he graduated magna cum laude. He attended Saint George University School of Medicine and completed his orthopaedic surgery training at the State University of New York. Dr. Shanti completed a spine surgery fellowship at the prestigious New England Baptist Hospital, Tufts University program with an emphasis on minimally invasive spine surgery.
A renowned researcher and educator with a strong passion for continuing the advancement of spine surgery, Dr. Shanti has published multiple papers and authored multiple chapters with an emphasis on disk replacement surgery and minimally invasive spine surgery. He has presented at multiple international spine meetings with a passion for education. He was awarded best researcher award three consecutive years by the Brooklyn Orthopaedic Society.
Dr. Shanti is certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery and is a fellow for the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons. His past experience includes positions as a clinical assistant instructor at the State University of New York and a clinical instructor in the Department of Orthopaedic Surgery at Tufts University in Boston, MA.
Known for providing compassionate and patient-centric care, Dr. Shanti believes strongly in listening to his patients and formulating a treatment plan that actively involves the patient in their care to optimize their recovery and desire for a pain-free lifestyle.
Dr. Shanti is honored that he has been recognized and awarded Top Orthopaedic Doctor by the Leading Physician of the World.
- University of South Florida – Tampa, FL (Undergraduate)
- Magna Cum Laude
- Saint George University – Grenada, WI (Medical School)
- President List of achievement
- State University of New York – NYC, NY (Residency in Orthopaedic Surgery)
- Best Chief Resident
- AAOS program liaison
- New England Baptist Hospital, Tufts University – Boston, MA (Fellowship in Spine Surgery)
- Spine Fellowship – New England Baptist Hospital, Tufts University, Boston, MA
- American Board of Orthopedic Surgery in Spinal Surgery
- Fellow, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- North American Spine Society
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- North Carolina Orthopaedic Surgery
- American Medical Association
- Cary Orthopaedic Spinal Research Foundation (CASF)
- Iota Epsilon Alpha, Medical Honor Society
- Golden Key Honor Society
- Best Researcher, Brooklyn Orthopaedic Society Research Award
- Top Orthopaedic Doctor, Leading Physicians of the World
- Tufts University, Boston MA – Clinical Instructor, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery – 2009-2010
- Orthopaedic Spine Private Practice –Cincinnati, OH – 2010-2013
- Cary Orthopaedic Spine Specialists – Orthopedic Spine Surgeon – 2013 – Present