William K. Andersen, M.D.
Hip Arthroscopy | Knee Arthroscopy & Arthroplasty | Shoulder Arthroscopy | Sports Medicine
Dr. William K. Andersen joined Cary Orthopaedics in 1996 as his first job after his Orthopaedic residency. He attended Columbia University in Manhattan for his undergraduate, New York University for medical school, Dartmouth (Thayer) for graduate engineering school, and George Washington University in Washington, D.C., for his Orthopaedic residency. He completed a Sports Medicine fellowship at the Methodist Sports Medicine Center in Indianapolis.
Dr. Andersen is Board Certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery in General Orthopaedics and Sports Medicine, and he has been a fellow of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons since 2001.
After completing medical school and a graduate degree in engineering, he realized orthopaedic surgery was an ideal match for his skills. In addition to problem-solving in the operating room, he enjoys getting to know his patients and their families and educating them about orthopaedic conditions.
Dr. Andersen has always been proud to be a physician at Cary Orthopaedics, a unique practice that attracts the brightest and most talented surgeons and staff to this wonderful geographical area.
- Columbia University, New York, NY (college)
- Dartmouth College, Hanover, NH (graduate engineering)
- New York University, New York, NY (medical school)
- Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center, West Lebanon, NH (internship)
- George Washington University, Washington, DC (residency)
- Sports Medicine Fellowship – Methodist Sports Medicine Center, Indianapolis, IN
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery (1999)
- Fellow, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (2001)
- Subspecialty Certificate in Orthopaedic Sports Medicine (2011)
- Cary Orthopaedic & Sports Medicine Specialists – Orthopaedic Surgeon – 1996-Present
- President of Medical Executive Committee, SCA Blue Ridge Day Surgery Center, 2008-Present
- Peace University – Team Physician – 1999-Present
- NC State University Student Orthopaedic Clinic – 2015-Present
- Wings – Womens Professional Soccer Team – 1999–2002
- Raleigh Capital Express – Mens Professional Soccer Team – 1999–2002
- President, Andersen Sterilizers, Inc. (family business producing sterilization equipment) – 1996-Present