Edouard F. Armour, M.D.
Shoulder | Knee | Sports Medicine
Dr. Edouard F. Armour joined the Cary Orthopaedics team in 2009 as a sports medicine orthopaedic surgeon, and he is primarily focused on reconstructive and arthroscopic management of the shoulder and knee. Active himself as a triathlon competitor, Dr. Armour especially enjoys working with athletes to help them achieve their competitive and wellness goals.
He attended the University of Windsor in Ontario for undergrad and Vanderbilt University School of Medicine for medical school. He then completed his internship and residency at Albert Einstein College of Medicine in New York City.
Before moving to the Triangle, Dr. Armour practiced orthopaedic medicine at Kernodle Clinic in Burlington and served as the team physician for multiple organizations, including Elon University, the Burlington Indians and the Burlington Royals.
Dr. Armour is certified by the American Board of Orthopedic Surgery and has been a fellow of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons since 2003. He heads the Orthopaedic Section at Wake Med Cary Hospital and chairs the hospital’s Surgical Services Executive Committee.
He enjoys working with teens throughout the Triangle, volunteering for the Athens High School Health Sciences magnet program and serving as Middle Creek High School’s team physician. Dr. Armour feels privileged to work with his patients, and his goal is to always combine the highest quality care with compassion for people of all ages.
- University of Windsor, Windsor, Ontario (college)
- Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, TN (medical school)
- Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY (internship/residency)
- Sports Medicine Fellowship – University of Connecticut Dept. of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Orthopedic Associates of Hartford, Farmington, CT
- American Board of Orthopedic Surgery
- Fellow, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (2003)
- Trinity College Department of Athletics – Orthopaedic Consultant – 2000 – 2001
- Hartford Wolfpack AHL Hockey – Assistant Team Orthopedists – 2000 – 2001
- Burlington Indians (Cleveland Indians Organization) – Team Physician – 2001 – 2006
- Elon University – Medical Director & Team Physician – 2004 – 2010
- Burlington Royals (Kansas City Royals Organization) – Team Physician – 2006 – 2008
- Kernodle Clinic – Dept. of Orthopaedic Surgery & Sports Med. – Orthopaedic Surgeon – 2001 – 2009
- Harnett Central High School – Team Physician – 2009 – Present
- Athens Drive High School Health Sciences Board Member – Present
- Middle Creek High School – Team Physician
- Cary Orthopaedic & Sports Medicine Specialists – Orthopaedic Surgeon – 2009 – Present