Douglas J. Martini, M.D.
Knee | Shoulder | Sports Medicine
In 1993, Dr. Douglas Martini joined Cary Orthopaedics as a sports medicine expert.
With a plethora of experience, Dr. Martini brought his extensive training and practice to the Triangle. He served as the Team Physician for the Carolina Hurricanes NHL hockey team from 2003 to 2006, including when they won the Stanley Cup. Before that, he served as the Team Physician for Campbell University and still acts as the Team Physician at Shaw University today. He is also the orthopaedic physician for Meredith College.
Dr. Martini attended The College of William and Mary for undergrad, the University of Virginia for medical school and completed his residency in Boston at the Boston University Affiliated Hospitals.
He is fulfilled by helping his patients get back to active and healthy lifestyles. Dr. Martini does everything possible to give patients information, so they can make informed decisions about their health.
- College of William and Mary, Williamsburg, VA (college)
- University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA (medical school)
- Boston University Hospital, Boston, MA (internship)
- Boston University Affiliated Hospitals, Boston, MA (residency)
- Sports Medicine Fellowship – Methodist Sports Medicine Center, Indianapolis, IN
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Fellow, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (1998)
- Boston University – Assistant Team Physician – 1989 – 1992
- Bentley College – Team Physician – 1989 – 1992
- University of Massachusetts – Team Physician – 1991 – 1992
- Wabash College – Team Physician – 1992 – 1993
- Purdue University – Orthopedic Consultant – 1992 – 1993
- Indianapolis Colts Football Team – Associate Team Physician – 1992 – 1993
- Cary High School – Team Physician – 1993 – Present
- Raleigh Vipers – Semi Pro Football Team – Team Physician – 1994 – 1995
- Shaw University – Team Physician – 1994 – Present
- Campbell University – Team Physician – 1994 – 2000
- Carolina Hurricanes, NHL Hockey Team – Team Orthopedist – 2002 – 2006
- Cary Orthopaedic & Sports Medicine Specialists – 1993 – Present