Derek L. Reinke, M.D.
Knee | Shoulder | Ankle | Sports Medicine
Dr. Derek L. Reinke, a sports medicine fellow from the Cincinnati Sports Medicine Center in Ohio, joined Cary Orthopaedics in 1999.
He attended the University of Cincinnati for undergrad, Medical College of Ohio for medical school and completed his residency at Loyola University Medical Center in Illinois.
During that time, he’s served as the team physician for multiple schools, including Harrison High School, Athens Drive High School and currently Apex High School. He’s spent time in Colombia and Dominican Republic as a Shriners medical mission volunteer as well.
Additionally, Dr. Reinke is American Board of Orthopardic Surgery certified and a fellow of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons since 2004.
When it comes to practicing orthopaedic medicine, Dr. Reinke enjoys treating motivated patients, who actively participate in their recovery after an injury. He openly accepts the idea that orthopaedics is constantly changing and evolving and welcomes this challenge to keep up with change.
- University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH (college)
- Medical College of Ohio, Toledo, OH (medical school)
- Loyola University Medical Center, Maywood, IL (internship)
- Loyola University Medical Center, Maywood, IL (residency)
- Sports Medicine Fellowship – Cincinnati Sports Medicine and Orthopaedic Center, Cincinnati, OH
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Fellow, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (2004)
- Harrison High School – Team Physician – 1998 – 1999
- Athens Drive High School – Team Physician – 1999 – 2009
- Apex High School – Team Physician 2010 – Present
- Shriners Medical Mission Volunteer – Columbia and Dominican Republic
- Cary Orthopaedic & Sports Medicine Specialists – Orthopaedic Surgeon – 1999 – Present