Brian T. Szura, M.D.
Knee | Shoulder | Sports Medicine | Worker’s Compensation
Dr. Brian T. Szura was the third physician to join Cary Orthopaedics in 1992. His specialty – sports medicine – helped the practice evolve into a prosperous clinic in Cary. Dr. Szura, along with the other orthopaedic surgeons, developed an extremely strong relationship with many of the high schools, colleges and universities in the Triangle area.
Dr. Szura attended Haverford College in Pennsylvania for undergrad, Case Western Reserve in Ohio for medical school and completed his residency at Union Memorial Hospital and The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine in Maryland.
Today, he is the team physician for Cardinal Gibbons High School and St. Augustine’s College. Over the years, Dr. Szura has also been involved with semi-pro and pro teams in the Triangle, including the Raleigh Capital Express semi-pro soccer team and the Carolina Courage Women’s professional team.
Another important aspect of his work is workers’ compensation cases where Dr. Szura assists injured workers and their case managers.
- Haverford College, Haverford, PA (college)
- Case Western Reserve, Cleveland, OH (medical school)
- Union Memorial Hospital, Baltimore, MD (internship)
- Union Memorial Hospital & The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD (residency)
- Sports Medicine Fellowship – The Hughston Orthopaedic Clinic, Columbus, GA
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Fellow, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (1997)
- Subspecialty Certificate in Orthopaedic Sports Medicine (2011)
- Garner High School – Team Physician – 1992 – 2003
- Apex High School – Team Physician 1992 – 2009
- St. Augustine’s College – Team Physician – 1993 – Present;
- Methodist College – Team Physician – 1993 – 1997
- Raleigh Flyers Professional Soccer Team – Team Physician 1993 – 1998
- Cardinal Gibbons High School – Team Physician – 1997 – Present
- Raleigh Capital Express Soccer Team – Team Physician – 1999 – 2000
- Carolina Courage Women’s Soccer Team – Team Physician – 2001 – 2003
- Cary Orthopaedic & Sports Medicine Specialists – Orthopaedic Surgeon – 1992 – Present